| A desktop
apparatus for the accurate determination of the speed of
light in free propagation.
- Quick installation: 45 seconds
for connecting the cables to the control unit and the power
supply to the mains socket.
- Fully autonomous: it does not
require any instrumentation or auxiliary optical components
such as oscilloscopes, computers, data loggers, function or
pulse generators, power supplies, lenses, supports, etc.
- Nothing to align: apparatus
immediately ready to perform measurements.
- No small detachable and easily
- Determination of the speed of
light c in free propagation by measuring the space traveled
by light by means of the modulation of a laser beam at a
frequency of 433.9 MHz and of the detection of the phase of
the optical signal received at a certain distance. It is the
shortest of all existing commercial equipment: 70 cm.
- Direct determination of the
speed of light c in transparent or almost transparent solids
in the form of bars a few centimeters long, with the ends
approximately flat-parallel and glossy, as well as in
liquids and their solutions contained in test cells with a
volume of about 10 cm3. The cell is supplied with the
- Determination of the relative
refractive index n of solids or transparent or almost
transparent liquids following the definition: n = c / v.
- Determination of the propagation
velocity of the signals in cables and of the dielectric
constant of their dielectric. A test cable is provided.
- Display suitable for a large
- High accuracy on single
measurement: a relative uncertainty less than 0.01, which
can be reduced with the use of standard measurement
- The working principle is simple
- measurement of light speed
- measurement of refraction index
- measurement of signal speed in coax cables
- sliding transmitter
- sliding receiver
- graduated track
- glass sample
- liquid sample holder